A special treat for TravelZoo members making reservations between September 15th 2019 and December 28th 2019!
A local wine merchant will place a specially selected bottle of Oregon wine in your room to enjoy upon arrival.
Here is the list of 5 star wines selected as part of your Travelzoo. Please select one and let the reservation agent know your selection prior to your arrival.
- Troon Vermentino: Vermentino (“vur-men-teeno”) is a light-bodied white wine that grows mostly in Italy on the island of Sardinia. Toon vineyards has brought Vermentino to Oregon Wine Country. What’s exciting about Vermentino is it can be deliciously complex in taste in similar style to Sauvignon Blanc.
- Del Rio, Chardonnay: 100% Estate grown Chardonnay, comprised of equal parts Dijon clones 76 and 95, is a rich and elegant wine. The flavors of the chardonnay highlight notes of caramel, roasted almond, and fruit such as melon and apricot. On the palate the wine is generous and well balanced, with a light lingering of creamy dough and oak nuances. A splash of acidity creates a persistent finish that persuades you back for another sip.
- Anchor Valley, Pinot Gris: This Pinot Gris bouquet explodes from the glass with white nectarine, honey and wet stone. On the palate, it showcases Meyer lemon and apple flesh with extremely well-balanced acids and a seamless structure. The finish is long and lingering, encouraging savoring while begging for that next sip.
- Red Lily, Lily Girl Rose: A unique blend of Tempranillo (70%), Grenache (20%), and Graciano (10%), its beautiful pink hue is truly summer in a glass. The nose combines aromas of rose petal, ripe strawberries and rhubarb. The gorgeously weighted palate balances juicy fruit flavors of pie cherries and peaches, all with a lingering finish. The label was designed by our own “Lily Girl”, our daughter Lily!
- Quady North, GSM Rose: A New World version of the French classic “Rhone Blend.” Grenache acts to soften the more tannic Syrah, while Mourvèdre adds backbone and a unique “gamey-ness.” This is a versatile wine capable of accompaniment to many different dishes. Spicy aromas with notes of clove, black pepper and currant.
- Henry Estate, Veraison: A new release of a Douglas County favorite! Veraison compliments melon, light cheeses and some lighter white meats, such as turkey. The light effervescent sparkle makes for great sipping and enjoying good conversation.
- Slagle Creek, Syrah: Established 1980. A small family owned winery located at 1800 feet overlooking the west end of the beautiful Applegate Valley in Southern Oregon. The high altitude, warm days, cool nights, gentle south slopes, and stony, loam soil, give the wines their unique character. This Syrah is noted with hints of blueberry and raspberry, with ending notes of black pepper and chocolate.
All guests requesting in-room wine must present valid ID and be at least 21 years of age at check-in.